Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Cost of Hunting

This video explains why I am so grateful that my husband hunts. :)

Does anyone believe him?

Well I think the price per pound is way above that in my house. Lets see we have many many hunts, don't forget the tent, camping supplies, the horses and everything for the horses and the year round care, the food these guys eat good on the mountain, the gear a bow and the arrows, and since Coops a dedicated hunter we add the muzzle loader in there and the ammo for it. Of course he doesn't always bring meat home so the previous years costs add in to the year he does bring something home. And lets not forget the monthly payments we usually send to the taxidermist. You think the red joke is only a joke.... not at all, there have been many of times when we have sent out taxidermist monthly checks to try and pay for the animal before its complete. And we also have the processing fee for the meat, when we don't turn my kitchen into a butcher house. What have I forgotten??

No comments: